Have some fun at home, and get a DofE Aberdeenshire certificate to show for it!
Missing your DofE? Stuck in a routine at home? Have a fun adventure at home by sleeping in a den indoors or perhaps in a tent in the garden. Undertake 5 mini activities and upload the evidence to your eDofE and receive a special DofE Aberdeenshire Certificate
This won’t count towards your DofE Award sections, it’s just a fun idea to keep you busy & connected to your DofE team mates
Decide where to sleep on the 3rd July– the first night of the school holidays. Just make sure it’s not in a normal bed! Maybe you can build a ‘den’ kind of tent with a sheet over a table and sleep in your sleeping bag and sleeping mat.
If you have a tent and a garden, discuss with your parent or guardian whether it’s feasible to camp out- maybe you can persuade some of your household to keep you company!
No tent? Could you build a weather proof shelter or maybe re-purpose a shed? Please discuss your ideas with your parent or guardian at an early stage!!
Choose 5 activities to do during (or just before & after) your Camp Out- here are some suggestions:
- Create a social media group with your DofE team & connect together online during your Camp Out
- Join with your team online whilst you all cook and eat a meal
- Make up a story whilst connected online, each person adding a sentence in turn (Could be typed or spoken- make up your own rules!)
- Draw a map of your location & surroundings- can you include your team mates’ locations? Can you figure out where North is?
- Do a volunteer type activity, for example phone somebody you know who would appreciate some conversation
- Learn a new skill, for example do you know how to fix a bicycle puncture, or iron a shirt?
- Do a physical exercise you haven’t tried before- eg how many sit ups can you do? Or search online for an exercise class here’s an example
- Do a Youth Scotland Hi 5 Award (free of charge until 5pm 30th June 2020)
- Set a treasure hunt for your family around the house and or garden
- Practise your first aid on a member of your family- would you be able to teach someone how to use a triangular bandage, or put someone in the Recovery Position?
- Will you have a good view of the sky at night? Can you identify constellations, planets & stars? What phase will the moon be in on 3rd July- when will it rise & set? You can find lots of information online, or install a smartphone app like Sky Map
- Submit your best photos to this DofE Aberdeenshire website Photo Gallery
- Make a scrapbook of your DofE experiences
- A gardening or window box project
- A nature survey in & around your home- how many living things can you find?
Remember these are just suggestions- be creative & come up with your own ideas! If you are stuck or unsure, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill in this Registration Form before 30th June 2020
Evidence your 5 activities by taking photos, video clips, screen grabs or writing an account and upload the evidence to your eDofE Expedition section
Never been camping?
Here’s how to put up a wee tent